Archaeological research on the grounds of the Groenendael priory


At the same time as the repair and restauration works on the former Groenendael priory in Hoeilaart, ABO undertook from October 26th to November 5th archaeological research.

The former Augustinian Monastery was established in the 14th century and was abandoned after the French Revolution in 1703. The archeological research uncovered well-preserved remains of the cloister, the monastery itself and remains of the apse and side chapel foundations.


Back to overview